October 22, 2011

On the hunt

It is so hard to find a mold for a keychain. I don't want to drill a hole into the resin and attach a jump ring, although this would be the easiest way to do it. There was a technique showed on the UV resin website but she just laid a ring on the top layer of the resin before it cured. That may work for some pendants but I don't think it will with keyrings because they are subjected to much more abuse. I suppose I'll have to find one with a close enough shape and make a mold of it. I also have to make sure it will be deep enough to work but still be thin enough to not be bulky.
We got some buttons from Disneyland and I'm making a button mold out of this one. I did finally find my Pogo printer power cable so maybe I can do pictures without have to seal it since the paper it uses is no ink but rather heated color crystals.I will have to do some sample prints and put it to the test. Finally a purpose for this little toy. I would have taken it on the family trip to Disneyland but I couldn't find the power cable and the battery life on this is horrid. Like my husbands cell phone..*laughing*

No comments:

Post a Comment