October 16, 2011

Failure..er learning moments


They all came out too obscured. I should have stayed clear and waited to play with color for another time. Or perhaps another layer. If there had been no objects to embed, they would have come out really pretty. But while you can still sort of make them out, it's not to what I had in mind. now let's think of the positives, I now have a heart template to trim future pictures with. The facets on the 'ring' did come out, although I broke the mold pulling it out of the encasing. I know how high up with the molding putting to engulf an item to make a mold. Oh and let's not forget, I know how to get a sky blue/lilac with my eyeshadows.
It's still early enough in the morning that I can tat up another magnolia and redo the casting in clear before we leave for our vacation. Making that mold will take about 10 minutes, tatting an hour roughly, and mixing and laying the resin another 10 minutes roughly. Yes, it can be done.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're kind of like the 'mad scientist' with all your experiments! I've missed the past couple of posts, and it's amazing how you're documenting all your work! This is definitely not an easy process! Eventually you'll become an expert!

    ReplyDelete