With the new post mold I've managed to make it deep enough to make different height size posts. With it half filled it only requires only a small bit of sanding to use with these particular blades. Here I've begun adding the center post. There still is a small bit of shaping the edges to get it to lay flush with the blade.
Besides the tatting I had decided to try using velum scrapbooking paper. The butterflies came out vibrant the damask pattern a bit more obscure. Still, I think they'd make pretty shuttles. The good thing about this trial is that it'll cut down steps on tinting the resin being cast. The butterfly has a small bit of optical illusion play to it. It appears to be different layers but is really only one. I really like that effect. It was cast with clear resin.
There is of course a slow down in working with resin now that it's gotten colder. Maintaining the proper temperature for it to cure has begun to be an issue. I think purchasing a small space heater may help. I'll have to make an area for just the resin so the heat can be focused there and not be too overpowering in the MomCave while I work on other projects.