September 18, 2011

One bottle emptied


This little cutie is going to be a pin for me. I got carried away with the glitter. Me and glitter do not mix.

This cleft note is the second resin attempt I had. Again, I got carried away with the glitter. I wanted to make sure the top tatted piece was completely encased. So I added too much of the resin and it leaked over. No problem, it can be sanded down later. I was planning on sanding off some of the glitter in the back. Then I will add more of the resin to level it out. I hope that by doing this it will allow me to remove some of that glitter. Behind it is one of the keychains I'm making. I took it easy with the glitter only because I added it by brush. This is the only way I can use the stuff without getting out of hand. I also added some beads to it. The round pearl one was a bit of a headache as it kept wanting to float away. I had to hold it til the resin set then add another layer. Even then it kept wanting to move out of position.

This is another cleft note with some flat beads. These were alot darker before I added them to the mold. They seem to have gotten more transparent for whatever reason. Once I get some measuring cups I'll use the Easy Cast and see if the problem is the beads or the resin being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment