September 18, 2011

Music

I took a trip to Joann's Fabric to pick up those mold trays and another bottle of the UV resin (just in case I get carried away), only to find out they no longer carry it in store. It is available online. Only mildly disappointing since Micheal's Craft Store is literally on the next block so I went there. They in turn had a section of Lisa Pavelka paraphernalia except the molding trays. The resin cost the same as what I paid on ebay if you take into account the shipping costs, so now I at least have a local connection for this resin. I also found the Easy Cast 2part epoxy there so if I ever feel like mixing or going harder, I have options. I did pick up a cool looking faceted pendant package thinking it was a mold, but nope, it was the actual pendants. Oh well another trip back to Micheal's tomorrow, I go. One of the workers there suggested I try a bead shop for my molds, but I think I'll just go online and buy them. I'll have fun making molds out of stuff around the house for now. Like for this little puppy, I'm using a bead cap to make the pendant.


I wanted to get frisky a bit and added some glitter. Maybe I should have used less as the tatting is getting lost in the party. The pattern is Sherry Pence's aka Lady Shuttle Maker and the thread is some size 30 I dyed earlier this year, or maybe it was last year...(mind trailing away)
I would have poured it into the bottom only that the inner ring would have left the tatting smushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment