September 29, 2011

Test drive results

Thank you for reading and for your words of encouragement. ^_^
After 10 days of hard labor in the real world, here is how the Magic Glos resin held up.
There is some scuffing on it. I turned the pendant so the light can catch it. It's not too noticeable unless you were looking for it. I think buffing should take care of it since they are surface scuffs and not deep.
This other side had a larger deeper gash near the top. Buffing may smooth it out a bit but it won't go away without adding more of the resin into it. Now if you are just holding it in your hand in say, normal sunlight, the scuffs and scratches are not really noticeable. However if you hold it up to a set light source, like a light bulb, yes the imperfections can be easily picked out. The glitter in the resin helps to mask the thin scratches. I had this pendant attached to my work keychain. So in addition to the regular keys, there is also a craftsman folding knife/boxcutter, and a treadmill safety key with a magnet attached to it. They were tossed carelessly on the floor when I came home after a very long day at work. I'm building fitness equipment so I was constantly pulling the key ring with everything in and out and passing to my coworkers. In other words, it got alot of abuse. My opinion on use: jewelry only. I doubt most necklaces will go out and be abused in the same manner a keychain would. Tomorrow is my 1st day off in almost 2 weeks, so assuming I get enough rest, I'll give the Easy Cast a run and make some more test subjects with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment