September 19, 2011

Magic Glos pendant

Before:

I popped them out of the mold this afternoon and sanded down the sides to get a smooth finish. They are a bit concaved, as I ran out of the resin, so I couldn't level them completely.

This is the front side or the more beveled part. It does have a dome feel to it.
The back side where it is more level, er, concave. Wire wrapping took a long time for me to do. Not bad for a first attempt right?I do like how the bezel looks like a ribbon though. That was pure coincidence on my part.
One thing I do like about it is that you can wear as a pendant with either side showing. The flat side has more glitter and that pesky little pearl that kept wanting to float away. The other side show the tatting more since it was in the layer closest to the bottom of the mold. You can still see the pearl bead but it's more subtle.The wire I used is florist wire since it was the only thing I had on hand. It doesn't even have a gauge on it, so I can't tell you how thick or thin the wire is. But it is somewhat thin, so this won't hold up to daily wear. Once in a while should be fine though. I didn't drill holes in them like originally planned because I placed both the tatting and the beads too close to the tops to safely punch a hole through.The red music note has yet to be wrapped. I'm checking out tutorials on YouTube to see how else I can wrap the oval one easier. I may pick up some more of this resin this weekend to make some more. It all depends on how I'm feeling after the county fair and work.

2 comments:

  1. Here I am over at your new blog, which is cleverly named and attractively designed! (Also like the new header on your tatting blog!)

    I can't believe how quickly you're moving on this. These look great, and your wire work is very attractive. I've never even ventured there!

    I've always been interested in this resin idea, but it scared me away with all the 'warnings'. Thanks for sharing your research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out! And I'm enjoying all your experiments.

    ReplyDelete