February 24, 2016

Zelda twikling heart


I ordered some impact lights and was looking for a project to use them on. My future sister-in-law gave me the inspiration to make something.

 She is a big Legend of Zelda fan and asked if I can make a double heart for her in resin. Of course I can! First step, making the mold. This is basically a smaller red heart inside a larger blue heart.
The plan was to make the larger blue heart rest the smaller red heart on top then dome it all even.


 I didn't have colors to tint to the exact match so I dumped in a bunch of glitter into it to give the color more "pop". I left the blue heart in the mold to make doming easier. I couldn't just leave it as is, so I added one of the led lights to it.


 This did unfortunately, create a lip I wasn't expecting. I should have let the red heart cure more so it would bend around the light. I didn't want the piece to become too thick. I just added enough clear resin to dome to the level of the edge of the red heart and not over it.



 After attaching a bail which I sealed into place with a bit more resin...


 It came out pretty good! She loved it and that's what matters.
















No comments:

Post a Comment