April 24, 2017

Plans in the making


 Back to making shuttles. I had to review my tutorial to remember how to make this. It's embarrassing. I broke it drawing it from the mold but not worry, it's completely fixable. I planned to dome it in layers to give it more substance, so it wasn't that much more to use the resin to glue it back together. This sudden urge to make shuttles stemmed from me offering to make a pair for a friend from work who's daughter just learned to tat.
I will need to make new molds for the post style shuttle but for now I thought to cut out blanks and shape those. There's a lot of sanding I'm not fond of doing to get these into their correct shape.
 More of my Wish.com molds came in and I went to play with them. This is a tubular pendant mold that was supposed to be a hexagon shaped one. I made a clay pokemon heart and dropped it in. I need to remove some off the top to make it even to finish this pendant.



 This tile just needs to be domed and a bail added. I like the wintery feel of this piece.
 
I got it in my head to make some water globe styled pendants. I was inspired by watching so many videos on aquarium nails on YouTube. So far, it need much work. This would probably work better with UV resin, but I do have that gallon of epoxy resin that is so near the end that I have to use up. Actually, I wanted to make a tatting shuttle with the floating glitters in it.


This pendant arrived damaged. The glass cover came unglued. I will make a mold out of the emptied pendant then put the little glass hearts back in and fix it. I will of course have to pick up some more silicone from Wal-Mart to make the molds.

I put off making molds because the smell from the silicone is so strong. I suffer from asthma so this had made it incredibly difficult to work with both the resin and make the molds. I don't have enough Oyumaru to make anything but tiny pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment